IN-HOUSE ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGERS MEETING
A Day of Peer-Driven Roundtable Discussions
July 13, 2020 | FREE | SOLD OUT
AGC is pleased to offer an optional “add-on” session of roundtable discussions exclusively for in-house environmental managers at general construction firms. Although this special “pre-meeting” is separate from the 2020 Construction Safety, Health & Environmental Conference, you can register for the pre-meeting when you register for the conference. The In-House Environmental Managers pre-meeting will be held on July 13, the day before the main conference begins. The meeting will include online morning and afternoon sessions starting from 11 am to 1 pm Eastern Time, followed by an offline break, and resuming from 3pm to 5 pm Eastern Time.
Pre-Meeting Registration Guidelines
Using the registration function for the conference, you will have the option to register for the pre-meeting individually or as an “add on” to your conference registration.
- The discussions are highly interactive and intended for environmental managers at general construction firms, though, participants’ job titles could be project managers, sustainability managers or risk managers. This pre-meeting will not be open to outside industry consultants, though they are welcome and encouraged to register for the 2020 Construction Safety, Health & Environmental Conference.
- In order to ensure active discussion, space will be limited at the pre-meeting for in-house environmental managers to 25 participants.
AGC will also limit the attendance to two environmental managers per company. All registrations will be first-come, first-served. If you attempt to register and find that the meeting is closed (at capacity), or you learn that another environmental manager from your firm has already signed up, please contact AGC’s Crystal Yates at email@example.com and ask to be placed on our waitlist. We will monitor this list closely, and if interest in the meeting is high enough, AGC will schedule a second event shortly after this one.
It’s your meeting – and you set the agenda! At the pre-meeting, participants set the agenda for the roundtable discussions. AGC will poll the participants in advance of the meeting to identify the topics and discussion leaders. Although highly educational, there are no formal presentations. This pre-meeting is meant to foster peer-to-peer learning and discussion of the unique opportunities, situations and challenges for environmental professionals working “in-house” at a construction firm.
How to Connect to the Virtual Pre-Meeting
After registering, you will receive a standard confirmation email. Prior to the event, registrants will also receive an Outlook calendar invitation from firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to “Join Microsoft Teams Meeting.” You must click the link to “virtually” connect to the In-House Environmental Managers Meeting on the day of the event; please be sure to accept and save that invitation.
Pre-Meeting Technology Requirements
- This will be a virtual meeting on Microsoft Teams.
- For both audio and video access to the meeting via your computer, you will need an Internet connection; audio through computer speakers and microphone or telephone; and a Webcam.
- You can also get both audio and video access to the meeting when you join through the Web link via your smartphone. You may be prompted to download the free Microsoft Teams app to your device before you try to join the meeting.
- Please keep in mind that certain functions (chat and both screen and document sharing) will be available only to those who use their computers to join the meeting through the Web link.
Pre-Meeting Cancellation Policy
There is no registration fee for this virtual meeting. The space, however, is very limited. If you register for the pre-meeting but later find that you cannot attend, please notify Crystal Yates at email@example.com as soon as possible, so that the association can then allow someone else to take your place.
For more information, please contact Melinda Tomaino, Director of Environmental Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 837-5415.